Some the features that increase property values are obvious-like a remodeled bathroom, a modern kitchen, or a sought-after neighborhood. But here are a few features and circumstances you have not have realized can affect property values.
1. The neighbors: Not every neighborhood or community has an HOA that can keep the neighbors from going overboard with decorations or neglecting to care for their home. Homes adjacent to crazy neighbors can potentially be undervalued.
2. Trendy groceries and coffee: Recent statistics suggest that if your home is a short walk from popular grocery stores like Whole Foods or coffee chains like Starbucks, it can actually appreciate faster than the national average.
3. Mature trees: A big beautiful tree in the front yard is enviable, and it's not something that can be easily added to any home. Homes with mature trees tend to get a little boost in value.
4. Parking: This isn't too much of an issue if you live in the suburbs or in a rural area, but residents in dense cities can have real problems with parking, and homeowners might need to rent a spot just to guarantee a place to park each night. That's why having guaranteed parking in urban areas will raise property values.
5. The front entrance: First impressions matter to buyers-many will cross a home off their list within 10 seconds of stepping through the front door. An appealing front door, a friendly entryway, and a functioning doorbell are all necessities for getting top dollar.
Author:KC Cormack Phone: 415-690-3346 Dated: February 16th 2017 Views: 463 About KC: Originally from Southern California, KC moved to San Francisco in 1990. After entering the real esta...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Established by the visionary John Barbagelata in 1952, Barbagelata Real Estate has become a premier agency throughout San Francisco and now the Bay Area. Our foundation of success is never forgetting the client experience is paramount to anything else. We offer a fresh, innovative approach with deep knowledge and expertise of our local markets. Our proven team of agents represents some of the top producers in the industry and we are affiliated (via Luxury Real Estate) with over 5,000 offices internationally.
Thank you from our owners: Paul Barbagelata, Broker & Anna Barbagelata, Associate Broker.
The kitchen is one area of the home that sees the most wear and tear.
"I recently sold a property using the Barbagelata Company. Barbagelata Real Estate agents are knowledgeable, service oriented and easy to work with. Someone was always available to answer questions, give feedback and give me an honest opinion. Something which in this market is difficult to come by.
I highly recommend this company if you are looking to buy or sell real estate in the Bay Area."